January 21 to 25, 2015.



Wednesday January 21, 2015.


OK!  I have to stop talking about the somewhat crappy weather we have been having.  I am just a little depress about the actual weather here in southern Texas.  I keep smiling and I keep positive.  The warm weather is coming, eventually!

This morning we go to the Wednesday flea market for the last time.  We see some more tables with "Ropa" on them.  As I mentioned before, you have to dig through them to find the best pieces of clothing.  Pieces of clothing fall to the ground, nobody gets excited, they put it back on the table.

Must be the "better" weather that brings more vendors to the flea market.

With the rain we got the last few days, the flea market has a hard time to keep the clay dry!  The results are like this photo.

We are not leaving Friday like we were supposed to.  The weatherman said it would rain all day Thursday and night too.  Therefore, we will be leaving Monday instead.

*******************************************************


Thursday January 22, 2015.


A relaxed day for us.  I went out and found a few more caches before we leave.  It is raining on and off all day!

Suppertime meal, chicken soup for Michele.

And for me a nice rare fillet Mignon!  Michele is not a fan of red meat, so it was not a mean thing to do, she was happy with her chicken soup and I was happy with my fillet Mignon.

*******************************************************


Friday January 23, 2015.



 
Today?  I don't have photos!  We have spent the days inside.  The wind is blowing hard 50km/hrs.  The temperature is about + 10 C all day.  I keep the moral up, it is hard but I have to keep it up.  (I know where I am not going next year!)

*******************************************************


Saturday January 24, 2015.


What a surprise this morning, I pulled the blinds from the front windows and I get this!  Yes, we are in Texas, right next to Mexico...
Keep the moral up Denis!  It will warm up eventually...  Can you see the date on the windshield?

First sight this morning.


By noon, the temperature is up to 16 C.  I spend the morning phoning RV parks in the Corpus Christi area.  All the RV parks are full!  I do not get it, lots of empty spots in the valley where it is warmer and yet, even if it is cooler in the Corpus Christi area the parks are all full!!!
I finally found a spot at Route 1069 RV Park in Rockport.  More info on that park on the next update.

I spend the afternoon slowly packing away stuff from outside.

I did a lot of packing today.  There will not be much left to do tomorrow.

*******************************************************


Sunday January 25, 2015.


This is our last day here at Bit-O-Heaven.

Michele goes to the flea market for the last time and I continue on the packing of stuff.  It turns out I had very little to do, but everybody came for a chat.  Being polite like I am, I stop what I was doing and chatted with them.  I enjoyed it!

We also played petanque for the last time in the afternoon.  It is a lot of fun to play petanque here Anglophone and Francophone play together and have a great time.
Lucky me I play against Michele.  Michele's team is made up of Claude, Gilles and Peter.  Our team,myself, Francine, Rene and Maurice.

Michele's turn

We had a good team together.  We won both games.

After a good diner, Michele went to the pool one last time.

The water is at 84 F (29 C).

Tomorrow we are leaving for our next destination, Rockport.  It is about 3 and half hour drive from here.

Until next time...

Life is Good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment