January 14 to 16, 2015.


Wednesday January 14, 2015.


I woke up to this weather!  A light drizzle in coming down, just enough to keep everything wet.


A nice 43 F (6 C) at 9:42 am...

Yes!  It is warming up, we are up to 6.6 C by 12:21 pm...

OK!  I have to keep my spirit up and positive!  It will really warm up, soon, I think!  The weather is so yucky we do not even go to the flea market this morning.

After lunch, we go shopping for a new kitchen sink.  Our sink is not looking very good.  Of course, they do not make the same model anymore!  They have one very close to it, but not quite the same.  So tonight, I will remeasure everything and make sure it will fit with very little modification...
I will order it tomorrow morning.

It is now 7 pm and as I write this blog and yes, it is still raining :-(.

****************************



Thursday January 15, 2015.


After lunch, I ordered the new sink for the motorhome.  The RV service center is very busy just filling the propane tanks because of the cold weather!  Good business for them!

We should receive the new sink some time early next week.

This railroad crossing was the site of a terrible accident in 1940.  You can read about it on the second photo below.



Next, I am going to look for some more caches.  On my way to a cache, I see so many birds in the field.  It is hard to see and I could not take a good photo of it, but the field was literally black from all the birds.

This is a very small sample of the quantity of birds in the field.

My first cache is outside of this church.  It is a beautiful church, but no luck for me finding the cache!


The second cache is located on the grounds of the "Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle".

The cache should be here!
The cache is supposed to be at the Vietnam War plaque, but it is gone.  You can read more about the  signs just a few photos down.





Like a said, no luck with this cache either!
This is not good, I did not find two out of two caches...


I have better luck with the next few caches.
The cache is located under the first dinosaur!

At the end of the day, I got 4 out of 6 caches, not too bad!
The weather is warming up some, +56 F (12 C).

The sun even pokes his head for about 20 minutes WOW!

Some time ago, we purchased a brie cheese fondue.  We only have to heat it up 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave and it is ready.

It is not too bad for a fondue.

********************************



Friday January 16, 2014.


I woke again to a cloudy sky!  But, the forecast is for a maximum of 63 F (17 C).  Charles and Agnes are coming with us for a visit at the "All valley RV and Outdoor Show".
This is the biggy of the Valley!

The show is at the "Rio Grande Valley Livestock Show" grounds in Mercedes.

This is where the indoor events take place. 

This is a very small RV show...

A computer desk in the master bedroom of a park model mobile home.

Now one in a motorhome.

Cheap, cheap!!!

Now that is a nice bike rack, I think I will have to make one just like that in PVC piping...

Even at $5 per person to get in, I do not think it was worth it.  This is my personal opinion only!

While driving across the town of Mercedes we saw many boots like this one on the side of the road???

I cannot believe we can see our shadow!
I would even say it is warm...
We stay outside to have cold beers and wines.  So, as usual we talked a lot and said a lot of stuff, mostly corny stuff!

Not that I am rushing them along, but they have to leave now!  Just kidding around.

We will have to see them again before we leave, because who knows, our trails may intersect again soon?

Until next time...

Life Is Good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment