December 10 to 14, 2014.



Wednesday, December 10, 2014.


We are back to Nuevo Progreso for my first appointment to finish my two implants.  The Christmas season is taking its hold.

The Rio Grande separating Texas and Mexico.

In N. Progreso we saw this happy dentist!

 
My dentist, Dr.X or Dr. Xavier Aguirre.  The waiting room.  For those that do not like operations, skip the next few photos!

Today's procedure is to install a piece on to the "nut already in my jaw bone.  Once on the chair it took about 30 minutes and we were out the door.

A little information about dentist in Mexico, they work on "TIM" time.  This simply means "Time In Mexico".  We forgot about that and we arrived early for the appointment but did not get in until 3:45.  My appointment was for 3 pm.  So, if you ever get stuff done in Mexico, make the appointment early in the morning, less chance of TIM.  The dentist did good work.



Thursday, December 11, 2014.


Last evening, I received a phone call letting me know my glasses are ready for pick up.  First thing this morning, I went to Walmart.  While I was there, I also got an oil change for the car.  Everything was done fast so I decided to do some geocaching.
Today was very successful for geocaching.  I found four caches within 1 kilometre.  Here is one of them.

This one is a micro cache and it was under the cover.  Inside the cache, there is a piece of paper and you put your initials.

After I got back home, we have a good lunch and head out to Weslaco to visit a few Thrift Stores.  For me, more geocaching.  It is warming up.

I found this one with Michele.



With Michele happily in the Thrift Store, I set out to find some more caches in the little town of Weslaco.  I like this cache because it has my brother-in-law's name...

It was hard to see, but I did find it!

The next cache was a little different.  My Magellan GPS indicated the wall and I looked and looked!

Until I finally remember the "Magellan Effect".  Research it on Google for fun!
Across from where the cache was suppose to be...

Yesss! Only 15 feet more to the east and under the stairs!

The Texas street in Weslaco.

Sadly, many shops are closed!

This is just a nice building at the corner of Texas St and Bus 83.  It was a hotel, but now it is mostly boutiques.

Back home Michele goes to the pool and I sit outside of the pool!


  Friday, December 12, 2014.


I am going by myself to Mexico for my next dentist appointment.  They are taking in-prints of my lower and upper teeth with the "posts" installed so they can make the two new teeth to put on the posts.  Less than an hour later, I am back at the car.

My next appointment will be on December 26, yes right after Christmas, it will be to put the posts and the new teeth!


Saturday, December 13, 2014.


Another cloudy day!  It is not cold, it is + 25 C, but the wind makes it feel cooler.
Off to the flea market in Weslaco.  We are not impressed by this flea market.  On our way to Walmart to fill up the car, we drive by this bank, which shows the time, the temperature in Fahrenheit and surprise, the temperature in Celsius!!!  They know a lot of "Winter Texan" are Canadian!


Only $0.595 per liters, even with the exchange rate it is cheap!

I am trying the pool one more time, but I will skip the hot tub.  More to follow.


Sunday, December 14, 2014.



This morning, I am taking the car and the bike to the little town of San Juan for some Geocaching.  Of course, I will park the car and used the bike to go around looking.  Sadly, it was not one of my best days for geocaching.  I found on one out of four!
It is a little depressing.  This is one of the places I did not find the cache :-(

As usual, on y way back to the car, I got a flat tire on the bike!  I think I have found the ultimate solution, no, it is not not to bike anymore!!!
Off the tire comes...

I bought a new tire and cut the sides...

I place the new "cut" tire inside the tire from the bike.  The result is now I have a double thickness tire.  The sand burrs will not get to the tube!!!


Trials tomorrow!

I forgot!  On our way back from the Walmart, a motorhome was trying to back into an easy spot.  Another gentleman told us that the driver could not back up a tricycle!!!  15 minutes later, he was in his spot!

Sunday evening is pétanque.  One of the French players teased one of the English players with a new t-shirt.  Wally was very happy...

My team lost one and won the other game.  Michele's team won both games.

It was a warm day, but very windy.


Until next time.

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment