December 1 to 4, 2014.




Monday December 1, 2014.


Here, we are on our way to Nuevo Progreso, Mexico.  We are going with our friends Charles and Agnes.

Charles being the funny man!  We are still on the US side of the border.

We have to cross the International Bridge over the Rio Grande River to go in Mexico.  The cost to go over the bridge is $0.50.  To to come back in the US, it is $0.35.
We are at the actual border between the US and Mexico.  I am in Mexico and Michele is in the US.  Behind us is the Rio Grande River.

We are in Mexico.

The Avenue Benito Juarez, it is the "main" street once you are off the bridge.
Like Los Algodones near Yuma, you have dentists, glasses, drug stores and small boutiques.

There is always something to see in Mexico!

A bar with only about eight chairs!

The New Orleans hotel.

We are in the "Garcia's Canada Store".  They have nothing Canadian here!  This bottle is way too much tequila, even for both of us!

We have never seen crosses like these two.  At over $300 per cross, it is not for us.  They are very beautiful.


Who is giving a kiss to Michele?

Once we are done with the store we move upstairs to the restaurant for our lunch.  Our meals are the same as Charles and Agnes.  Two different Mexican platters.

Margarita and beer.


While we are in Mexico, we checked out the prices to changes my lenses on my glasses.  I scratched mine.  The prices in Mexico are almost the same as in Texas.  I will get the new one in Texas to support the local economy.

We also visited a few dentists to check out the prices to finish my two implants.

This young man promised us to have a bracelet done in less then two minutes and for only $3.  We got one made for our son Benoit.

It was simply incredible to watch him handling the threads really fast.


Benoit's bracelet is almost done.

Agnes got one made for her grand-daughter. She added some heart to the bracelet.


The young man also makes masks.  Who is hiding behind the mask?

Just before we crossed over to the US, we stopped for one last frozen margarita.  We have to keep hydrated after all!

They are good margaritas. 


On the international bridge going to the US.

A very good day and warm on top of that.

I found a dentist to do the second part of the implants.  First, he has to call the dentist in Los Algodones and find out more information about my implants.  They should be done before next year.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
 

Tuesday December 2, 2014.


Another cold front is rolling over us.
Last night it went down to + 46 F and the maximum for today is +54 F.
I know that people from up north would say, "This is nothing", but you should see the locals! They are dressed as if it is - 40 F.  It is so funny to watch them shiver!
Instead of staying home, we are out shopping.  The main street in Weslaco.

The Walmart, Big Lot, Home Depot and the liquor store.  We are back home by three thirty.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Wednesday December 3, 2014.


Today is flea market day next door of the RV Park.  It is just like last week!

We love walking in flea markets.
We are having lunch in the flea market.  Now, you have to remember that all the rules and regulation about food establishments are not the same here in Texas as in Canada.  I am not saying it is dirty or un-safe.  I am just saying they do not freak over the same "cleanliness" as we do!
Why is the photo on the left?  I cannot figure it out!

The till is with the woman sitting down on the left corner.  The kitchen is on the right behind the orange wall.

The dinning room.

Bifteck Quesadillas on flour flat bread for Michele.

The same for me, but my flat bread is corn based.


Once we are back home, I go out for a bike ride.  Guess what?  Yep!  Got a flat tire!  Darn!  Once home, I went to the bike shop and bought two more of those plastic protector and put them in both my tires.

My stallion is ready for the next ride!

Weird weather that we are having today. Cloudy and cool this morning and warmer and humid in the afternoon.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Thursday November 4, 2014.


Out again for a bike ride in the little town of Alamo.  I am also doing some geocaching.
So far, I have not been lucky finding any caches.  I tried 5 or 6 so far and no luck finding them!

I have never seen a class "C" with the tag axle before.

Luck is coming my way!  I finally found one!  Can you see it?

Now a little closer, in the center of the photo!

This is the only one I found so far.  I could not find they other four!

After lunch, we went to get the tickets for the basketball game on Saturday evening.
The name of the team is "The Vipers".  They are the development team for the Rockets of Houston.

The stadium where they play.

Back home, we, I mean Michele, went to the pool for a dip and I stayed on the sideline.  We are asked if we want to play petanque tonight. We are in!  It was a fun night. 

Both French and English play together, we sure has a great time.


I think we will come back and play again.  We had a great evening!


Until next time.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment